I am working on a post about our trip to Hawaii, but I am too tired to think straight. Instead, I'll give you a taste of some of the more interesting people we met.
1. The Kray Kray lady in the bar at the Mauna Lani hotel on the Big Island. Girlfriend was sitting by herself, one table over. We noticed her right away due to the pile of rat's nest hair pinned up on the back of her head. She was sitting there talking to herself, laughing, making interesting hand/arm gestures and blowing bubbles - like babies do. Wow. I think she had 4 mai tais too many. The picture does not do her justice. Note the lips and the super-duper-wide-open eyes.
2. Dude laying flat out on the beach under our lanai at the Outrigger Reef in Waikiki. He was dead, drunk, or dead-drunk. We couldn't tell. The hand in the pants is a nice touch. Give him a remote control and he could pass for my ex. He was gone in the morning.
3. The Japanese tourists. There were many, especially in Waikiki, and they were fascinating to watch. They seem to have a need to capture pictures of themselves at every location. One would hand off the camera to another, pose, then run over to critique the picture. Lather, rinse, repeat. One group appeared to have a videographer following them. Our favorite pose was when they all stood in a line in the crosswalk, counted to three, and jumped up. That maneuver was repeated over and over, much to the annoyance of the cars waiting. But the Kray Kray winner was the lady who crawled over and around the lounge chairs on the beach to capture perfect pose for her companion. Wowza.
4. Silk pajama tourist guy. The picture speaks for itself.
5. Also, we found this. Now I want to know how to shut it down.
I'll be back later with more trip details.